Chase Coronavirus Mortgage Forbearance Information

Servicer Contact Options

COVID-19 Assistance Phone: 888-356-0023
Military hotline: 877-469-0110

Online Portal: Request for Payment Assistance
Website: Payment Assistance Options

From Servicer Site

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I can’t restart payments at the end of my forbearance period?

You’ll be able to request an extension, and we’ll make that easy for you to do. We’ll check in with you near the end of the assistance period to help you understand the available options

What happens to any missed payments?

Many customers who can resume making their full payment after the assistance period can defer missed payments to the end of the mortgage.  We’ll check in with you near the end of the assistance period to help you understand your options

Why do I still see past due notices on my statement?

Don’t worry. We’ve enrolled your account in the COVID-19 payment assistance program.  You’ll still see a balance due and past-due notices on your statement, but we won’t charge late fees or report as late any payments due during the program period.

If you have forbearance questions and would like to speak to a certified housing counselor, please call the Hope Hotline at


Please ask questions or report your experience with this servicer below. Your feedback will help other homeowners navigate homeownership preservation options. REMEMBER: Ask for everything in writing to protect yourself against surprises.

1 Comment

  1. Judith on October 5, 2020 at 5:24 am

    My mortgage with Chase was transfered to another servicer when I extended my forebearnce from a 3 to 6 months period. In writing CHASE declared that my contract remains unchanged however, the new servicer, Carrington Mortgages Services, are requesting all 6months payment. When I requested the forebearnce extension Online with CHASE I requested having the option of placing the payments on the backend of my mortgage loan. I informed the new servicer that I am paying my current monthly payment for October, but they are asking me for signed modification documents. I only what to pay the current payment. What should I do? Also since the option to add my 6 months forbearance to the backend of my loan was made on line what recourse so I have? Related to sign documents. All I have is a confirmation statement saying my forbearance was extended.

Leave a Comment